Sunday 17 January 2016

JD's Film Awards 2015


It’s that time of the year where I hand out my 2015 film awards. I saw some of them on DVD/Blu-ray and some at the cinema, but to qualify, all the films must have been released in UK cinemas in 2015.
 
There were a few films I missed out on and didn’t get around to seeing. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Macbeth are up there and I heard great things about the likes of The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, Song of the Sea, Brooklyn and The Falling. I will strive to see all these eventually, but I had to draw my line in the sand somewhere.
 
So here we go - JD’s Film Awards of 2015:
 
Best Music
Whiplash
 
Best Sound
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
 
Best Visual Effects
Ant-Man
 
Best Cinematography
Ex Machina

 
Best Story
The Martian
 
Best Screenplay
Birdman
 
Best Supporting Actress
Alicia Vikander - Ex Machina
 
Best Actress
Julianne Moore - Still Alice



Best Supporting Actor
J. K. Simmons - Whiplash
 
Best Actor
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything
 
Best Director
George Miller - Mad Max: Fury Road
 
Best Film
Mad Max: Fury Road


No comments:

Post a Comment